I’m sure there are a number of folks out there who can’t get enough of the royal wedding, even though it’s now finally part of history. For those of you who would like to test your royal knowledge concerning the wedding, I’ve devised a fun quiz for you. No peeking for answers from any sources, give it a try straight from memory! It’s a 25 question quiz and here it is:
1) From where did the bride leave to make her way to Westminster Abbey?
A. The Goring Hotel
B. The Boring Hotel
C. The Majestic Hotel
D. The Buckingham Hotel
2) What is the actual name of Westminster Abbey?
A. The Collegiate Church of St. Paul
B. The Collegiate Church of St. Margaret
C. The Collegiate Church of St. George
D. The Collegiate Church of St. Peter
3) What uniform did Prince William wear on his wedding day?
A. Captain in the Blues and Royals
B. Colonel of the Irish Guards
C. Flight-lieutenant in the Royal Air Force
D. Sub-lieutenant in the Royal Navy
4) What is the total number of bridesmaids and the number of pages in attendance?
A. 5 bridesmaids and 2 pages
B. 5 bridsemaids and 3 pages
C. 4 bridesmaids and 2 pages
D. 4 bridesmaids and 3 pages
5) Which of the bridesmaids was the granddaughter of Princess Margaret?
A. Grace van Cutsem
B. Philippa Middleton
C. The Honorable Margarita Armstrong-Jones
D. The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
6) Who was the last royal couple to marry at Westminster Abbey?
A. Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh
B. Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer
C. Prince Andrew, the Duke of York and Miss Sarah Ferguson
D. Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips
7) What very heavy unusual natural décor was carted into the abbey?
B. Sculpted Topiaries
C. Large Wreaths
D. Rose Bushes
8) Which of the following clergy officially participated at the wedding?
A. Bishop of Leeds
B. Cardinal of Westminster
C. Archbishop of Canterbury
D. Bishop of Rochester
9) What was the name of the haunting modern piece sung in Latin during the wedding?
A. Ubi Amor
B. Amor Ubi
C. Amor Caritas
D. Ubi Caritas
10) The Queen granted William the titles of Duke of Cambridge. What was the second title granted?
A. Earl of Strathearn
B. Earl of Strathmore
C. Earl of Strathaven
D. Earl of Strathcliff
11) What carriage did the bridal couple ride in on their way to Buckingham Palace?
A. Irish State Coach
B. 1902 State Landau
C. Glass Coach
D. Gold State Coach
12) What well-known war memorial did the couple salute and bow as they rode through Whitehall?
A. The Statue to the War Dead
B. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
C. The Cenotaph
D. The Obelisk
13) Name the flower Kate used in her bridal bouquet that came from a spring of Queen Victoria own bridal bouquet.
D. Sweet William
14) What was the name of the tiara Kate used on her wedding day?
D. Russian Fringe
15) What was the color of the dress Queen Elizabeth II wore for the wedding?
16) Walton’s Crown Imperial was played at what part of the wedding?
A. Recession of the Bride and Groom
B. Entrance of the Bride
C. Register Signing
D. After the Blessing
17) Which of Catherine Middleton’s relatives read the only reading during the service?
A. Pippa Middleton
B. James Middleton
C. Gary Middleton
D. Carole Middleton
18) The Choir of Westminster Abbey of course sang at the wedding. What other choir also sang at the abbey?
A. Choir of Her Majesty’s Chapel Royals, Sandringham
B. Choir of Her Majesty’s Chapel Royal, Windsor Castle
C. Choir of Her Majesty’s Chapel Royal, Buckingham Palace
D. Choir of Her Majesty’s Chapel Royal, St. James’s Palace
19) Catherine Middleton’s bridal gown has often been compared to what famous royal bride?
A. Princess Margaret
B. Princess Elizabeth
C. Princess Diana
D. Princess Grace
20) Prince Harry, the Best Man, wore what uniform?
A. Second Lieutenant, the Blues and Royals
B. Captain of the Household Cavalry
C. Captain in the Air Corps
D. Lieutenant, the Blues and Royals
21) The Duchess of Cambridge’s bouquet was left where after the wedding festivities?
A. Tomb of Diana, Princess of Wales
B. Tomb of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother
C. Tomb of the Unknown Warrior
D. Tomb of St. Edward the Confessor
22) Who took the official wedding photographs at Buckingham Palace?
A. Hugo Burnand
B. Mario Testino
C. Lord Snowdon
D. Norman Parkinson
23) Where in Buckingham Palace were the official photos taken?
A. The Throne Room
B. The Music Room
C. The Blue Drawing Room
D. The White Drawing Room
24) What kind of car did Prince William drive his new wife in from Buckingham Palace to Clarence House?
B. Aston Martin
D. Rolls Royce
25) Where did William and Kate spend their first night together as a married couple?
A. Windsor Castle
C. Clarence House
D. Buckingham Palace
For the answers, check in with me in a few days. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to do the quiz.